Frequently Asked Dog Boarding Questions
Meadowlake Pet Resort & Training Center is committed to offering your pet loving and exceptional care, a clean and beautiful facility, and an array of fun and healthy activities. Our policies and procedures are designed to provide you and your pet unparalleled service and to ensure that your pet thoroughly enjoys his or her stay at Meadowlake.
- Check-In: Pets can check-in during normal business hours Monday-Sunday.
- Leashes: All dogs entering the facility must be on a leash and under your control, and all cats must be in a ventilated cat carrier, for their safety and the safety of our other guests.
- Check-Out: Pets should check out before 12:00 noon to allow time to make suites available for arriving guests. A late check-out charge will apply to pets who are not picked up by 2:00 p.m., and unless special arrangements are made, your pet may be moved to make room for check-ins. Pets receiving a groom or participating in daycare on their last day will not be charged a late check-out fee.
- Hold over Pets: Pets who are not picked up prior to the published business closing hour can be picked up the following day unless special arrangements for a late Check-out are made.
If you need to pick up your pet earlier than our scheduled lobby opening time or after our scheduled lobby closing time, you may make special arrangements subject to staff availability. This option is not always available and must be made in advance. An additional fee will be charged to your pet's stay.
Meadowlake loves puppies! All puppies must be fully vaccinated before enjoying any of Meadowlake’s services. Our Puppy lodging package is a great way to accustom puppies to a variety of sights, sounds and experiences and will make their future lodging experience more familiar and enjoyable!
No need to bring personal items when packing for your dog’s stay! Meadowlake provides comfortable bedding, toys during playtimes and lots of love and attention.
Meadowlake regularly treats the facility and grounds for pests, so you can be assured that your pet is coming to a "pest-free" facility. To fulfill our commitment to the best possible care for your pet, all pets will be examined thoroughly for fleas and ticks at check in. If any are found, the pet will be treated immediately, at owner’s expense, before being allowed to enter guest quarters.
The safety of our guests is our first priority; therefore, we require that all pets staying with us be current on the vaccinations listed below. A copy of official records of vaccinations is required to be faxed from your veterinarian’s office or delivered prior to lodging. No hand-written records or owner-administered vaccinations will be accepted. The following is required after the initial series of puppy or kitty shots:
- Rabies vaccine.
- Distemper and Parvovirus (distemper, hepatitis, parvo, and parainfluenza per your veterinarian’s protocol, which may be listed as DHLP or DHLPP on your pet’s medical record when administered as a combination vaccine): In lieu of vaccinations, we will accept a titer test administered by a licensed veterinarian in the past 60 days stating that your dog has sufficient immunity to these diseases.
- Bordetella vaccine: (6 month or 1 year vaccine accepted) Bordatella prevents against most strains of Canine Cough and Meadowlake does everything possible to reduce the risk of your pet getting Canine Cough. However, the vaccine does not prevent against all strains, and just like the human cold, there is always a risk when in an environment with many dogs.
- Canine Influenza vaccination (Both H3N2 and H3N8): Meadowlake is proud to be doing everything possible to prevent our guests from being exposed to this highly contagious and potentially fatal virus. Please be aware that both vaccinations require an initial shot and a booster 3 weeks later. In order for your dog to participate in any services at Meadowlake, he/she must have received the entire treatment. Please make your vet appointment several weeks before your visit to ensure proper protection. For further information about both potentially fatal “flu” viruses, please visit www.doginfluenza.com/.
- FVRCP Vaccine. In lieu of vaccination, we will accept a titer test administered by your veterinarian in the past 60 days, demonstrating that your cat has sufficient immunity to these illnesses.
- Must be spayed or neutered. Meadowlake does not currently accept unaltered cats.
Birds and Other Exotics
- Birds: Chlamydia (Psittacosis) test
- Ferrets and other mammals: rabies and distemper vaccines
Meadowlake makes every effort to provide a safe, calm experience for your pet. However, some pets react differently to new environments and separation from owners. There is also always some risk that pets may become ill or possibly injure one another when playing together. In non-emergency situations (e.g., small scratches, diarrhea, or loss of appetite), Meadowlake will contact the owner or owner’s designee to discuss recommended protocol. For emergencies in which urgent care or evaluation appears needed, we will transport the pet to the appropriate animal clinic immediately and then contact the owner. Any costs arising from medical care will be billed to the owner upon check-out, unless the Pet Care Warranty is applied.
Meadowlake’s Owner’s Agreement asks for you to provide us one or more emergency contacts that are authorized to make decisions for your pet if you cannot be reached. We also ask that you provide us with the phone number where you can be reached if an emergency arises while you are away.
No need to prepare your pet’s food when staying at Meadowlake! All guests are served NurtiSource Super Premium all natural, mineral and vitamin fortified dog or cat food twice daily. Pets transition seamlessly to this high quality food and often enjoy the change of pace during their stay. If guests prefer to bring their own food, the items must be pre-measured for each feeding in Ziploc bags. A charge of $0.50 per administration will be added to your pets stay for personal treats, canned food and food that is not pre-measured upon arrival.
Meadowlake will be happy to administer oral and/or topical medication for your pet if necessary for only $1.00 per administration. All medications must be in the original prescription bottle with dosing instructions.
All pets must be in good general health to stay at Meadowlake. Meadowlake is not licensed to provide veterinary care, so pets with diabetes or exhibiting signs of illness, contagious viruses, etc., cannot be accepted. Meadowlake provides special guest packages at an additional expense to accommodate geriatric pets or pets on medication (no injections). Pets needing significant or special care should be taken to a veterinarian clinic.